Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HK Jewellery grand prize scam!

I was browsing everyone's blog when i come across yapct's...
And usually i'm not in the mood to see any youtubes,
until i come across...

Kenny Sia's conversation with conmen from China/HK.

What interest me was because of the fact that i had the same experience...
mine was not a lottery scam of course, but some lucky draw....

and my goodness...mamamia...
i won their grand prize of over RM100,000!! I strike it rich!!
haha yeah right... if winning grand prize without buying anything is so easy, i'll be driving BMW 6series, staying in a 3 storey bungalow with huge garden full of bunnies, a swimming pool and a bathroom as big as my house, wearing diamond ring as big as my shit and diamond necklace so shining it blinds anyone who lay their eyes upon it.

Ok..i'm exaggerating.

my scam was perfectly arranged and sounded almost real compared to kenny sia's.

i got a call early one morning, saying that i was invited to this jewellery exhibition by a HK jewellery chain that's going to be opening their first branch in malaysia. so they got my number from some data system, and i got an invitation > in Genting. they even ask for my full name.

I was so sleepy that i really thought it was true, so i gave them my name and got some code which i didn't bother to write down, and then went back to sleep.

A few days later, (supposedly the exhibition day) i got a call. They asked me if i'm in Genting for the event. i said i was too busy to go. (As if i would drive all the way there to see some jewellery that i can't afford). Oh, and the background sounded really like some exhibition going on!

So, she ended the call and then call me a few hours later and asked me if i could drive up to Genting right away. (I was taking my afternoon nap) SO i said...

No! It's damn far. Why do i have to go there?
*sounded ecstatic* But you just won our grand prize through the lucky draw.
Errr...okay.
*more ecstatic* You won't believe it if tell you. It's over RM100,000!! Your code no. is*$%#@ right? Let me double check.
YEA i think so.

darn....i almost believe it. And then i said i can't make it, really really sorry. Give it to the next person or something.

They called me the next day...

Hey are you Miss Chan?
Yes i am...
i'm calling from the ***** jewellery in HK and i would like to let you know you have won our grand prize in Malaysia. It's xxxx amount.
I know, but i can't collect it.
Nevermind, it's ok. We can keep it for you first. Can you come over to HK in a few days time?

(Are you fucking crazy? i don't even have money to go holiday there. you want me to go there and get the prize? you think i'm stupid) Of course i didn't say this. i'm polite :p

Nope, don't think so. I'm busy and it's even further from going Genting. Why can't i collect it frm Malaysia? I thought you all have a branch here now?
Oh no....because it's a large amount of money. We have to do it from the HQ here in HK. Ok i know what... i'll tell you another way. Can we bank in to you?
Yeah why not?
Oh my gosh, aren't you happy? you won so much of money. i'm so happy for you! you're so lucky (this was farking fake) anyway, what bank you're using?
Maybank.
Your IC number?
bla bla bla (i really told her my IC. stupid not?)
Your account no.?
(Ok..it's getting fishy already) I forgot lar.... can i go look for it first?
OK....
(roll around the bed, make some noise by kicking the chair)
I can't find my account book. can you call back later?
Har? you cannot remember? Ok then, i call back later. Anyway, congratulations again. you're really very lucky (duh, if it's real)

I called Genting, checked on their Convention Hall for that date. No exhibition at all. Nothing for the whole week. Har! GOTCHA!

And then i never answer her call. She called like 4 times.

The funny thing is, they haven't got to the part where im supposed to bank in some deposit to them in order to get my money.

mUahahaha... Ok, but i was stupid enough to give them my IC!

No comments: